Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In The Beginning

Hi. I'm Heather. I have a 5 month old baby boy (pretty sure he's the cutest EVER!), a wonderful husband, and a superbly precious kitty named Carmen. Overall, I would say that I am a fairly standard individual with friends and family, triumphs and failures, happiness and sadness. Like most people, I feel like I have "stuff" to share. I plan to discuss my journey from "normal" human being to "crunchy" mom. I also hope to educate my readership on the benefits of crunchiness (namely breastfeeding, natural childbirth, baby-wearing, and bed-sharing). From there, I want to talk about some of the interesting (sometimes exciting, sometimes miserable) trials and tribulations of having a first child. I always welcome questions and comments, but please understand that nastiness will not be tolerated. I will cite sources for you guys, and I will offer my own opinions. So, let's get started! :)

I have always felt that my mother is a "crunchy" individual, owing to her breastfeeding all four of her children (a couple well into toddlerhood), having natural childbirths, and trying to eat organically. Not to suggest that I disapproved of her healthy lifestyle, but it smacked of hippie-ness to me. When I found out that I was pregnant, I absolutely did not anticipate the journey into "hippie-ness" that I was about to take.

I knew without fail that I was going to breastfeed. My mother had threatened to "cut them off" if I didn't use them for their god-intended purpose. I did, however, want to do some reading/studying before that day came. That will be the topic of my next post. I need to find a way to organize my thoughts, so I'll separate my posts into topics. My next post will be breastfeeding and what I learned through my studying. Assuming I cover everything that I want to cover, the following one will be about natural childbirth. We'll see how it goes from there.

Well, it seems like this first post is a whole lot of rambling and not a whole lot of saying anything. My apologies! I promise to do better next time.

Until then,
Xoxo
Heather

Ps- If you want to go ahead and explore one of my sources that will be cited repeatedly, you can visit: La Leche League International.

No comments:

Post a Comment